cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Device Tracking

TID_Orion
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured APIC-EM in stand alone mode and have discovered a majority of my network devices. On many of these devices, I am unable to view host information within the APIC console. Port information is gathered successfully. I have verified that IP device tracking is working and a "show ip device tracking all" lists all of my connected hosts on the switch. Any reason why APIC will not pick this up? Many thanks in advance!

19 Replies 19

Thank you for your response. My issue is not with these CDP clients, but with computers connected to the switch. On the switch, IP device tracking lists all of the hosts, but the APIC does not.

Some additional info:

Most hosts exist behind a ShoreTel phone

The ShoreTel phones speak LLDP

I hope that this helps. Thanks!

Do you know IPs for those computers ?

Yes, the switch that I provided device tracking details earlier does not display any connected hosts on APIC. You can choose any IP from that list but the range 192.168.38.100 - 192.168.38.120 specifically includes computer hosts. Some sample active IP addresses include:

Thank you!

So looks like this is an issue in this release but will be addressed in 1.2.

TID_Orion
Level 1
Level 1

Ok. I will wait for that release. Thank you for all of your help!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community