Views
Helpful
Replies

Meraki Dashboard API -- missing Device Status Change API

mohan.deval
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am comfortable with all the published Meraki dashboard API's. How ever , find it very surprising that there's NOT a SINGLE API end point that fetches only the devices which have CHANGED their STATUSES since the time period say 5 - 10 - or 15 minutes as a parameter.

Let me explain a bit more..

We are intrested in capturing all Netoworks /  devices  which have changed their UPLINK Statuses  since our last fetch.

A RESTFUL Stateless API could have been exposed on teh dashboard like herein below

https://dashboard.meraki.com/api/v0/networks/[networksId]/devices/uplink/?SInce=04202017142533&Until=04212017012356

This will help us to grab all the devices networks in the networkId's UPLINK Statuses which have changed their Statuses

since 04-20-2017 14:25:33   Until the TIME 04-21-2017 01:23:56

Standard PAGING Options  could be added with PageSize = 20  and PageNo = 1 Thro' xx so that the consumer will iterate thro' all the pages till we have Consumed all the data till the end of it in that time frame.

Can any one please help me to guid if any thing similar is already available like this..?  It will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

Mohan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohan,

Thanks for the feedback. I've sent a copy of your suggestion directly to our engineers that work on our API. You can also make feature requests through the dashboard's wish form at the bottom of the page and through your Meraki sales rep/SE.

Regards,

Colin Lowenberg

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

colo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Mohan,

Thanks for the feedback. I've sent a copy of your suggestion directly to our engineers that work on our API. You can also make feature requests through the dashboard's wish form at the bottom of the page and through your Meraki sales rep/SE.

Regards,

Colin Lowenberg

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: