Views
Helpful
Replies

Northbound Notifications for Navigation

aramseier
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Community

Does anyone have any experience to share for WIFI with or without Hyperlocation module to share? I would like to use the WiFi/Hyperlocation positioning for a navigation SDK/App and therefore would like to know how to handle requests from CMX into an app/SDK.

thank you for any thoughts.

alex

2 Replies 2

matfarre
Level 6
Level 6

Hello Alex,

Earlier versions of CMX (MSE 8.0) provided developers an SDK and examples to get started with mobile applications on iOS and Android.  This support from CMX was dropped with the release of CMX 10.0.

Cisco provides another service called Enterprise Mobility Services Platform (EMSP) Cisco EMSP which provides support for CMX Meraki Cloud Controllers, Cisco Connected Mobile Experience (CMX), and Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers to provide context-based services and analytics.

Another option is consulting Cisco CMX partners such as Phunware, Inc. Phunware | Mobile App Development Platform.

Matt

Hi Matt,

thanks for the information about CMX and EMSP. I am a direct partner of July Systems (that is basically the provider for EMSP) therefore I know there is no way to do any positioning through the platform only context based services and analytics.

Also I develop myself CMX applications but I will look into the phunware and see what they can offer.

Alex

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: