Views
Helpful
Replies

Permission denied - Ansible Hands On NXOS Sandbox

EvanC
Level 1
Level 1

I'm playing with the Ansible Hands On lab with NXOS Sandbox

On step 3, I understand the purpose is to create a playbook to copy a customized hosts file to replace the default hosts files stored in /etc/hosts

However, when I run the playbook as per the lab instruction, the `push new host file` task failed as it aks for sudo password

TASK [Push new host file] *******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
fatal: [10.10.20.50]: FAILED! => {"msg": "Failed to get information on remote file (/etc/hosts): sudo: a password is required\n"}

Then I try to copy the customized hosts by myself via 

$ sudo cp -r files/hosts /etc/hosts

This cmd also failed:

developer is not in the sudoers file. This incident will be reported.

It seems the user "developer" created for NXOS Sandbox does not have sudo right.

Can anyone please advise how to proceed with this lab as a user without sudo right?

1 Reply 1

Alex Stevenson
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello @EvanC,

I've reported this issue to the DevNet Sandbox Support team. I've given them your info as well so we'll see who they reach out to first.

P.S. There is a bot called Sandbot-Support DevNet to report issues in the future incase you need it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: