Views
Helpful
Replies

PnP fails with LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED

Thomas Fritz
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I have succesfully provisioned several C899G routers by using a small bootstrap configuration, giving the device the necessary certificates and the pnp template (the APIC-EM is behind a reverse proxy).

Recently I changed the provisioning process to use the PnP redirect service on Cisco Software Central.

So the now unconfigured device contacts devicehelper.cisco.com for the IP address of the APIC-EM.

That redirection seems to work fine, but the PnP process on the APIC-EM fails with the following error messages:

2017-05-17 10:21:21 (CEST)Failed health check since device is stuck in non-terminal state LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED for more than threshold time: 0 hours, 16 minutes, 0 seconds
2017-05-17 10:04:37 (CEST)Received new work request from Agent while expecting work response. Retrying operation LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED
2017-05-17 10:00:38 (CEST)Device first contact
2017-05-17 09:59:38 (CEST)Detected a reboot on errored device and cleaned up error state
2017-05-17 09:56:21 (CEST)Failed health check since device is stuck in non-terminal state LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED for more than threshold time: 0 hours, 16 minutes, 0 seconds
2017-05-17 09:55:57 (CEST)Received new work request from Agent while expecting work response. Retrying operation LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED
2017-05-17 09:52:26 (CEST)Received new work request from Agent while expecting work response. Retrying operation LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED
2017-05-17 09:48:54 (CEST)Received new work request from Agent while expecting work response. Retrying operation LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED
2017-05-17 09:45:20 (CEST)Received new work request from Agent while expecting work response. Retrying operation LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED
2017-05-17 09:41:45 (CEST)Received new work request from Agent while expecting work response. Retrying operation LOCATION_TAG_REQUESTED
2017-05-17 09:37:21 (CEST)Device first contact

Does anyone know, what these error messages relate to, and how I can overcome this error?

Thanks in advance,

Thomas

3 Replies 3

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Thomas,

just to be clear about this, if you have a bootstrap and just point it to the RP it all works fine?  The only difference is the bootstrap used to have the PnP profile, and now it does not (as it relies on devicehelper.cisco.com)

Is it possible to share a "show pnp tech" out of band for engineering to have a look at?

Adam

Hi Adam!

just to be clear about this, if you have a bootstrap and just point it to the RP it all works fine?  The only difference is the bootstrap used to have the PnP profile, and now it does not (as it relies on devicehelper.cisco.com)

Exactly.

Is it possible to share a "show pnp tech" out of band for engineering to have a look at?

It turned out that the IOS crashes during the whole pnp process.

I attached the output of the console connection including the “sh pnp tech” and “more crashinfo…” in the mail I sent to you.

Thanks for your help!

Appreciate it a lot!

BR,

Thomas

Hi Adam,

I seem to be having the same error that is described above. Did you figure out a generic solution that would resolve these error messages?

Thanks,

Lukas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community