cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: PNP no longer working

Nick,

Shoot, I didn't catch that in the release notes. I'm going to try one of those versions, however, I believe the C881 I was testing had a compatible version, but I'll have to double check. What was the purpose of pushing up the supported version and is this going to happen often? I ask this because our environment is currently all on 3.7.3, potentially going to 3.6.6, but I would still like to know if this is going to be a common occurrence in the future.

Peng  Xu,

Here are the logs I got from the controller as I was trying a deployment. Thanks for the script.

From what I saw, it seem that after the cert is installed the deployment switch, the switch never communicates back with the controller.

Dropbox - pnp-service.log

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

What is device SN, Zak?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

FDO2038Z03P

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

did you configure this device in project/pre-provision workflow? If so, what you see in APIC-EM side?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I did configure this device rule in a project and in the GUI this is all I see:

2017-03-21 13:43:03 (Eastern Daylight Time)Failed health check since device is stuck in non-terminal state FILESYSTEM_INFO_REQUESTED for more than threshold time: 0 hours, 16 minutes, 0 seconds
2017-03-21 13:26:24 (Eastern Daylight Time)Device first contact

My rule is set up as such: 2017-03-21_1446

The EULA is accepted, its just cut out of the screen shot

Cisco Employee

Is it 2-member stack, Zak? Also, can you uncheck the "device certificate" and test again?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Yes, this example is a 2 member stack, however I have tried this with a single member stack and had the same result.
With that box unchecked, I get the same result. In the logs, the failed health check fails in the same place, right after the cert gets pushed to the switch.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Hi Zak,

Can you send us the latest pnp-service.log from server and "show pnp tech" from switch when you did the test?

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Still exploring this issue with Peng and in a TAC case. We are theorizing that it is an issue with how the 3 tier cert chain that we installed on our controller is validated on the switch during the PNP process.

Highlighted
Cisco Employee

Zak,

The latest analysis sounds like it is related name constraints field in certificate. I will keep you posted.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Thanks, just wanted to update the thread in case others run into the same issue.

This widget could not be displayed.