cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.0 - API - PUT devices/bulkImport not functional as expected

uqlmiskin
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to utilise the PUT devices/bulkImport method that is documented in the Prime 3.0 API (/webacs/api/v1/op/devices/bulkImport-PUT?_docs). There seems to be issues related around using the credentialProfileName parameter.

As per the documentation there is the following warning:

There is limitation on attaching imported device to the credential profile. If credentialProfileNameparameter is given and is not empty, this device must not contain any other credential parameters. Parameters allowed to be used with credentialProfileName are: ipAddress, networkMask, and udfs. If any credential parameter is set along with credentialProfileName, the entire import operation will fail; none of the devices in the import request will be added or updated.

I've tried sending the following json structure which then creates a job within prime to import the device.

device = {

"devicesImport": {

"devices": {

"device": [{

"credentialProfileName": 'ACS',

"ipAddress": "172.16.136.202",

}]

}

}

}

The job always then fails, with an error regarding the missing SNMP community string, which I thought would have been contained in the related credential profile.

If I define the snmp credentials (which the doco states not to when using the credentialProfileName), the device will be imported fine.

The credential profile name that is being used is the exact same as defined in Inventory > Device Management > Credential Profile. Image attached of the name.

Is this the wrong name to be using? It seems the credentialProfileName parameter is not functioning as I'd expect after reviewing the documentation.

Any help would be appreciated.

1 Reply 1

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the report.  This should be working but there seems to be a regression in PI 3.0.  I've created CSCuw38628 to track this issue while I look into it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: