cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime Infrastructure 3.0 GET Inventory Details, UDIDetail[] incomplete data.

jklootwijk
Level 1
Level 1

The UDIDetail field of a GET Inventory Details only contains one UDI for a device. Take for example a stack of 3750 switches, it should show the UDI's for all the switches which are part of the stack. The same goes for a 6509 VSS.

This was not the case in Prime Infrastructure 2.2. Only in this version the JSON output was improper. Now with that fixed in the API version 2, I'am missing data. Anyone else having the same issue?

5 Replies 5

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you saying that the output is incorrect in both PI 2.2 and PI 3.0?  Can you include snippets from your API output?

Sorry for the confusion. There are two problems. First, the data serialization for the UDIDetail field was incorrect in API version 1. In this version the data was not put in an array (missing []). This is fixed in API version 2, which however is only available in PI 3.0.

Second, the data output itself, for the UDIDetail field, is different in the two PI versions. In PI 2.2 the data is complete. In PI 3.0 only one UDI is shown.

Attached are two files with a partly json output from both PI 2.2 and PI 3.0 for the same device.

I am also having the same problem.  I only see information for one member of the stack.

Is this being actively looked at?

Sorry, we are looking into this.  Unfortunately, I don't have any updates to share yet.

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I opened CSCux10870 to track this issue.  I wanted to let everyone know that we have a fix in the 3.0.3 maintenance release patch.  We don't have a date for when the patch will be released yet, but the fix will be in that patch.