cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

problem with pyATS and gennie

e-chuah
Level 1
Level 1

I have successfully installed pyats ang genie, but when i try to run the command:

genie learn ospf --testbed-file ./testbed.yaml

it display the error below:

Argument should be a path to a pyATS testbed file, or a pyATS Testbed object not ./testbed.yaml

but i already have the testbed.yaml file defined. So not sure why is there an error.

attached is the testbed.yml (the attached is .txt becos i can't upload .yaml file)

did i miss out anything ?

4 Replies 4

Seb Rupik
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there,

The documentation (albeit not for the module in question) states that your need to specify the full path to the testbed file (e not the single dot notation for the current working directory):

https://pubhub.devnetcloud.com/media/pyats-packages/docs/genietelemetry/usage.html#standard-arguments

cheers,

Seb.

I specified the full pathname, but still get the same error..

dasampson
Level 1
Level 1

Did you get this figured out?

One thought is, are you editing an existing yaml file which has devices and topology in it?  If you are the devices in the topology section need to also be in the device section.  My recommend (as this is what I first did), remove the topology section and just have a device section.  This will get you started with genie and you can "learn" the different functions on the device like bgp, interface, ospf ,etc.

Hope this helps.

e-chuah
Level 1
Level 1
Hi
Thanks for the reply. I managed to get it sorted out. Apparently, there are some issues (some leading space) with the testbed.yaml file.
I use the "pyats validate testbed " to validate the yaml file and got it fixed.
However, I use "gennie learn ospf -testbed-file testbed.yaml", it states that feature is not supported and there is no output file.
"gennie learn interface" does generate some output. I am using IOU, not sure if that is the issue, I will test it on NXOS and see if it works.
Rgds
Eng Wee