I'd like to start by saying that I'm new to programmatic networking, but am familiar with programming principles. We are currently running Prime 3.0.2 with the latest device pack. I'm able to poke around the APIs and gather basic information, however, when I try to use groups/UserDefinedGroups as described in the API documentation, I receive the following error:
<message>com.cisco.xmp.web.PresentationException: Unrecognized control query-param noAlarms with value true.-PRS-108</message>
<exception>com.cisco.xmp.web.XMPWebApplicationException: com.cisco.xmp.web.PresentationException: Unrecognized control query-param noAlarms with value true.-PRS-108</exception>
Is there something I'm doing wrong is is this something with the API? I'm trying to create location groups based on site codes contained in device hostnames (200+) so I was using this to see what the format would be.
The groupType and noAlarms parameters for these resources are not preceded with a ".", so that's why you're receiving the last two errors. As far as the first error, we did see one issue where this service would return a 500 NullPointerException error, but we root caused that issue and fixed it all during the development of 3.0.0. I'm not familiar with what might be causing this 500 error you are seeing now.
Has this behavior just started happening recently? After applying a patch?
If you're still seeing this behavior can you please do the following: (1) login to the UI (with administrative) privileges and go to Administration > Logging; (2) reproduce the 500 error; (3) download the logs just after reproducing the issue; (4) contact me via email (my address is in my profile) and we can setup a secure exchange of the log bundle.
Let me reveal a little bit more about our environment. I recently went through the process of upgrade from 2.1 Standard to 3.0.2 Pro.
The process we used was roundabout and probably a very bad way to do it.
My Process was: v2.1 App Backup > Deploy 2.2 Std OVA > Restore v2.1 App > Inline upgrade to 3.0 > Inline upgrade to 3.0.2. At this point I realized that, unbeknownst to me, we had purchased licenses for features only available in PRO (Assurance). So, I then did an App Backup for v3.0.2 > Deployed 3.0 PRO OVA > Inline upgrade to 3.0.2 > App Restore v3.0.2.