cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Schedule of POST devices/removalJob

smp
Level 4
Level 4

After I successfully tested my POST devices/removalJob API call, I looked at the actual job schedule. And it appears that the removal job I created with the API is actually scheduled to execute daily with no end date. Yikes! Is this the intended behavior with this API? My expectation was that this job would only run once. Also, I notice the even though the job was successful, the output doesn't contain the IPs that were deleted. Rather, it says "Could not find the Job Results." Is that a bug? It seems like the job output should contain the status of the delete for each device.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Apologies for the confusion.  Rest assured that no, the job will not automatically run again the next day.

This issue is a cosmetic one, the job doesn't actually have a trigger to run on a schedule.  I do realize how the job saying that it's in the scheduled state is confusing though, we'll address this issue in 3.2.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Apologies for the confusion.  Rest assured that no, the job will not automatically run again the next day.

This issue is a cosmetic one, the job doesn't actually have a trigger to run on a schedule.  I do realize how the job saying that it's in the scheduled state is confusing though, we'll address this issue in 3.2.

Awesome. Thanks very much for the confirmation.