cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSH queries during discovery (/other operations)

ymeloch
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Experts,

I have two quick questions regarding APIC-EM discovery.

1. Do we have the list of SSH queries which are being polled during discovery or when running a Path Trace? I’m asking as I snooped the traffic during discovery (file attached) and did find the SNMP and SSH packets yet we cannot decrypt the SSH packets.
  2. Is there a way to modify the SNMP/SSH queries? (E.g. based on customer request)

Thanks,

Yossi

1.jpg

2.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to modify the queries.  Is there a reason you want to modify them?

If you want to find out the commands being executed, you could discover the device via telnet and snoop that.  You need to specifically allow telnet discovery.

Adam

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

aradford
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to modify the queries.  Is there a reason you want to modify them?

If you want to find out the commands being executed, you could discover the device via telnet and snoop that.  You need to specifically allow telnet discovery.

Adam

Thanks for the prompt reply, Adam.

I'd like to first understand what apic samples and if there is any room for tweaking it in the case of a customer request (w/o impacting apic functionality).

Telnet modeling should like a good idea (i should have thought about it...)

Thanks much!

Thanks to Adam's good advice, I've found the queries:

show interface

show cef interface brief

show ip route

show cdp neighbors detail

show lldp neighbors

show ip device tracking all

show arp

show mac address-tables

show interfaces switchport

show lldp neighbor detail

show cef state

show flow monitor

show standby

show vrf detail

show ip vrf brief

show running-config | sec bgp

show running-config

show ospf

show ospf interface

show isis

show parameter-map type subscriber attribute-to-service name BUILTIN_DEVICE_TO_TEMPLATE

show fex

From your experience -

• Are customers ok for running these queries (every 25 min – default configuration) on their production network? (e.g. “show ip route” on a largely populated device…)

• No one ever questions Cisco what queries apic is running? Or expressed any concern?

you can change the timing of the polling if you like.

generally customers do not really care.  They are interested in the outcome vs how it gets done.

They might be interested at the POC stage, out of curiosity.

Adam

Thank you Adam.