Views
Helpful
Replies

Stopping Wireless Monitoring/Status from running

fsukardi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are using PI to manage switches and routers.  We have no wireless device and there is no plan to add wireless resource in the near future.

My question is: Is it possible to free up resources used for wireless management so that PI can be faster?

I see that in the Job dashboard under System Jobs / Wireless Monitoring and Status there are a lot of Wireless System jobs that are scheduled and running. Would be ill advised to stop them, as to make PI as a system unstable if we do?

And if the answer is no, is there a way to stop them so that the schedule will not be activated when PI is restarted?

Prime Infrastructure 3.2.0

Build 3.2.0.0.258

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Devinder Sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you find out how to disable these unneeded services? I am in the same situation. With only a wired infrastructure to monitor, config and image management of all existing infrastructure and no PNP / APIC-EM needs, a new out of box Prime Appliance , PI version 3.4 complains about PNP services for wireless mobility express and APIC-EM failing to run as per a built in schedule and logged as major alarms. I am trying to figure out where to even disable these services, rather than simply acknowledging these alarms and deleting them.

Thanks

So far, I have done following and let us hope this will get rid of these unwanted alarms:

1. Administration / Dashboards / Job Dashboard. Go under System Jobs, APIC-EM Integration, selected the APIC-EM Site sync, and then clicked on pause series to suspend the schedule.  Did a application service NCS stop and start and this service remains suspended.

2. At the same place, under system Jobs, Infrastructure, selected last service of Post PNP image upgrade and paused / suspended the service.

3. Administration / System settings / Network and Devices, Unified AP reachability and chose to disable it.

While this gets rid of the alarms generated by these services not starting, in the monitor section dashboard, they still show up these two failed and marked in RED under Administration / Job dashboard.

In these sections, there are wireless related services, that we might be able to permanently suspend, until a feature is added to PI to disable such unwanted functions. There are many mid size businesses that simply but PI for no need tor wireless / IWAN / QoS and PNP functionality.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: