Views
Helpful
Replies

Text Area in Prime PnP Profile Template

joel.bah1
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Community, i need your help

I am trying to deploy a Device using the Cisco Plug and Play feature in Cisco Prime 3.2 in combination with Cisco APIC-EM 1.6.

In my Template (Prime) i defined 2 Variables as Textareas.
If i deploy the Template directly via Configuration/Features & Technologies/My Template -> Deploy

Its possible to write multiple lines of text into the Textarea and the Configuration gets generated properly.

Now when i put the Template into a Plug and Play Profile and try deploying it this way, its not possible to write Multiple lines of text into the Textarea anymore. As soon as i insert a Break into the Box, i get the following error message in the Profile Activation Summary Page:

Failed to fetch the preview commands

It is possible to finish the Profile Activation, prime just passes an empty configuration to APIC.

I've als tried

<MLTCMD>$myTxtBox

</MLTCMD>

which also doesn work in the Profile Activation Page.

I can't imagine why the direct Deployment proccess works but the Deployment over the PNP Profile Activation Page throws the error, does anyone know how to solve the problem?

Kind regards

Joel

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: