cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to retrieve platform PID list

colin10086
Level 1
Level 1

After uploading an IOS image file to APIC-EM, when trying to assign a platform to the image I receive an error 'Unable to retrieve platform PID list' when I select the platform family from the dropdown list. Is it calling home to obtain the PIDs and failing or some other issue? I'm running v1.2.

Thanks in advance

Colin

1 Accepted Solution
5 Replies 5

rnaggi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are 2 ways to upload images to APIC-EM

Option 1 : from the Network Plug and Play

Option 2 : from the IWAN workflow -- > IWAN "Certified IOS image upload"

For Option 1 : you upload the image --- > click on the Uploaded image --- > select the Platform using drop down menu

For Option 2 : you select the platform ( like ISR 44xx ) and then click on the upload button to upload the image. uploaded image get assigned to routers with ISR 44xx platform.

Option 1 : screenshotOption-1-Screenshot-PNP.tiff

Screenshot 2 : showing the PID getting associated Option1-Screenshot2-PID.tiff

Option 2 : Screenshot

IWAN-screenshot-UPloadimage.tiff

Were you trying Option 1 and it failed while assigning the PID to the uploaded image ?

Yes I was using option 1. When I select the platform, e.g ISR4000, rather than seeing the list of all the models I just get an error message at the top of the screen.

sairasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CSCuz81156

PNP UI - Image Conf - Used old API to get product id for platform name

There is a caveat in 1.2 Release Notes. It is scheduled to be resolved in the upcoming patch

Many thanks, that looks like a match. Do you have a link to the release notes, the release notes I've found doesn't contain that information.

Release Notes for Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller Enterprise Module, Release 1.2.0.x - Cisco

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community