Views
Helpful
Replies

User list does not show role in 1.3

Nathan Sowatskey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi

I have created a user, observer, with the role Observer. The user list, though, does not now show the roles. It did in 1.2. Please see attached image.

Not showing the roles means that important information is less accessible than it was previously.

I know that one can click on the user to see a dialog that shows the role. but that is less useful than showing the role in the list of users.

Regards

Nathan

Screen Shot 2016-11-02 at 11.11.00.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nathan,

We have an additional functionality of grouping in 1.3. The user can be associated with multiple groups/roles and hence it would not be feasible to show all the groups and their roles in the main page.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

yawming
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think you can click on username to see role. Also from API we can see user's role too.

Thanks,

Yawming

Thank you Yawming.

You can click on the user to see the role, but that is less useful than the previous behaviour, as I note above.

Regards

Nathan

Good feedback Nathan.

I assume you would like to see the scope as well?

Time to "Make a wish"?

Thanks Adam.

I have provided the feedback as suggested. I am assuming that members of the APIC-EM product management team would also monitor this discussion forum, so I expect that they will see the feedback here also.

The "I wish this page would ..." mechanism is a nice idea. It relies on there being a mail account set up on the client where the browser is running. In my case, where I am using a VM workstation in a lab as the client machine, that does not work.

The email address is:

apic_em_make_a_wish@cisco.com

Regards

Nathan

Nathan,

We have an additional functionality of grouping in 1.3. The user can be associated with multiple groups/roles and hence it would not be feasible to show all the groups and their roles in the main page.

Thanks,

Dhiraj

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

This community is intended for developer topics around Data Center technology and products. If you are looking for a non-developer topic about Data Center, you might find additional information in the Data Center and Cloud community