cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why are dot11aClientCount and dot11bClientCount in the data/WlanControllerDetail query response incorrect?

bill-anderson
Level 1
Level 1

Using CPI 2.2.0, I sent a request to the WlanControllerDetail resource and get incorrect counts for dot11aClientCount and dot11bClientCount. For example, a response will report 134 dot11aClientCount and 241 dot11bClientCount when the GUI Summary page reports 2210 clients.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

OK, thanks Bill!  We'll fix this issue in 3.0.  Do you need a patch for 2.2.x?  Or does the workaround of using the ClientCounts resource work for you?

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Spencer Zier
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What's the model number and software version of the controller you're seeing this on?

It is a AIR-CT5508-K9 controller licensed for 500 APs, running 7.6.130.0.

Sorry for the late response.  There does seem to be an issue here.  If you query webacs/api/v1/data/ClientCounts?.full=true&key=<controllerIp> is that data correct?

bill-anderson
Level 1
Level 1

We are experiencing serious issues with our Prime server right now.

I’m going to wait until these issues are resolved with TAC’s assistance before I try this again.

A query to webacs/api/v1/data/ClientCounts?.full=true&key=<controllerIp> produces the correct number of clients.

OK, thanks Bill!  We'll fix this issue in 3.0.  Do you need a patch for 2.2.x?  Or does the workaround of using the ClientCounts resource work for you?

The workaround will suffice. I hope the other errors I noticed will be fixed in 3.0 as well.

Are the other errors you noticed API issues?  If so, I'd be happy to hear them

The other error I noticed are with the webacs/api/v1/data/Sites and webacs/api/v1/op/groups/sites queries.

The apCount is almost always zero for buildings and floor areas that have many access points.