cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interchangeable/Multiple accounts in WebEx Meetings Desktop App

ericaoveracre
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to log into multiple WebEx accounts logged in at once/simultaneously in the Cisco WebEx Meetings Desktop app?  I have a business and a personal account that I use interchangeably and the web version does not seem to have the full feature set. 

6 Replies 6

jrsteele21
Spotlight
Spotlight

This is apparently "planned" based on the idea on Aha.  I can do this with MS Teams today, although i don't see the chats and such in the same window, i still get an alert that a chat or something happened in the other account and can click to change orgs.

Hoblit
Level 1
Level 1

I know it's been over a year and I also happen to have knowledge that Cisco is working on this through an internal "Ideas" process. 

But as an organization having to deal with this sort of a problem on scale as we migrate our customers from UC-One to Webex, we did stumble across a work-around that MIGHT work for some. 

https://web.webex.com/

The above will allow you to log into Webex with a second account while simultaneously running the Webex application. There are limitations as it does not have a free-standing-dial-pad and limits calls (which are actually just instant meetings) to contacts. 

It may not be a solution for everyone, but it can be a bit of a work-around for some as Cisco continues to work on ways to allow the application to associate with more than one account at a time. (Or allow a second running instances of the application itself.)

I am using 2 webex accounts from the same laptop, 1 for professional and 1 for personal (since in lockdown and corona pandemic we celebrates birthdays on webex too )  , and it becomes, hard for me to keep switching my accounts and I have always logout and login back from the other accounts. 

In fact, when I was working with 3 different clients, I had to use their webex account for the meetings and it was a nightmare for me keep switching my accounts. and then we decided to use some other meeting software and kept webex only for one client. 

I believe this could be a very useful feature and must be implemented, thanks for reading @SusieT 

I guess you are consultant just like me. I'm having the same issue with an account from my customer's organization and an account for my organization.

This feature request may be similar to what you are looking for, maybe you and the community can vote for it:

https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/ideas/WXCUST-I-3519

SusieT
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, you can only sign into 1 account at a time.

Getting Started

Welcome to the Webex Community. This is your home to ask questions, share knowledge, and attend live webinars.