Views
Helpful
Replies

Simultaneous Interpretation in WebEx meetings and Events

AntonyKamunde
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone figure how to do this yet? 

As the world has shifted to virtual meetings due to the COVID-19 crisis, one aspect forgotten  by Cisco  in their WebEx product roadmap is how to hold Multilingual  meetings ( one way or two way). Currently we are managing through creation of multiple audio bridges. However, I believe Cisco can implement this easily via audio breakouts  for different languages.

Are we seeing this soon?... I know the WebEx assistant may use AI to realize this, but as we all know, it will take some time for AI interpretation to be fully acceptable in official  meetings. 

Regards

Antony

7 Replies 7

Martin S.
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Antony,

I finally found a solution, not directly through Webex but exactly what I was and I think you were looking for. Worked perfectly and they even offer interpreters for all the languages I needed.

Posting this here, it might help you or anyone reading this: https://www.video-conference-simultaneous-interpretation.com/

Regards,

Martin

KennethBjorkII
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning Antony,

Connected Justice provides this service with an on premises solution that allows the interpreters to provide simultaneous interpretation with only any phone.

Give me a call if you want to discuss this

213.216.9014 or ken.bjork@connectedjustice.com

Hi Antony,

I am a Simultaneous Interpreter and my clients are asking me if I can use Webex to provide this service to large meetings. How can I use Webex as an interpreter user and is there a tutorial or first steps guide I can have access to?

Regards,

Claudio

Jeho
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Antony, 
How are you creating Audio bridges for multilingual meetings?

Thanks !

alexskribuckij
Level 1
Level 1

We do Webex video conferencing with simultaneous interpreting through our interpreter. We have our own technical solution for this. Write a message to email: alex@skribuckij.eu We can arrange such a conference with simultaneous interpretation into several languages at the same time.

Cole Callahan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you'd like to submit this feedback as a feature request, you can do that here: https://ciscocollabcustomer.ideas.aha.io/

Response Signature

Avinash Gaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

@AntonyKamunde 

Hello Antony,

Thanks for posting your question on community!!

Right now transcription is based on English only. Cisco is aiming to add support for other languages eventually.

Hope this helps.

Please rate the helpful posts.

Thanks,

Avi

Response Signature