cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

2901 FXO to Bogen Multicom 2000 PA system

Mike Wheeler
Level 1
Level 1

We have a client that has a Bogen Multicom 2000 PA system and would like to access it from the Cisco ip phones. We have patched a cable to the system where the installer had marked and the other end is in a FXO port on a 2901. This 2901 is setup on MGCP and local calls (911) are flowing through the same FXO card without issue. If we connect a analog phone to the same port on the PA system it works fine. When trying to access that port from a Cisco ip phone, I see it trigger the FXO port and will sometimes hear about 1 sec of dial tone then silence. I spent a couple hours on the phone with TAC without resolve. It appears the FXO port is functioning as expected but the PA system doesn't like something.

Has anyone been successful in connecting to a Bogen Multicom 2000 PA? We have other school districts connecting to other vendors and even different Bogen PA models without issue.

System version: 11.5.1.13902-2

2901: c2900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M2.bin

Any insight would be much appreciated. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JNEL,

I don't have the FXO config anymore but we were using MGCP and I don't recall any changes from default for the port that made any difference with the outcome when connecting. Essentially we gave up on getting their FXO port to talk and they paid extra to install the phone card and program one extension in the system. We then used a FXS port instead with default settings and created a route pattern for the specific extension. They have been using this without issue for almost 3 months now.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tjgertge
Level 1
Level 1

Did you ever find a solution for this?  I'm up against the same scenario, and I've been digging for days for a solution.  Bogen was zero help too.

I have not. I'm actually going to be working on this again in the next few days. I'm starting to contemplate if I can use the second admin phone port and get any better results. Their documentation is worthless though so I'm not sure if it is using fxs or fxo as the admin phone seems to be special in comparison to the classroom phones if they are used. Our last resort is going to be having them install the phone card and call the extension from a fxs port instead. Seems crazy to have to spend more money just to have a basic functionality that can be done on systems from other manufacturers with ease. Please post any solution if you come across one. I'll be sure to do the same.

JMCNEL
Level 4
Level 4

Can you perhaps share your 2901 config ?

JNEL,

I don't have the FXO config anymore but we were using MGCP and I don't recall any changes from default for the port that made any difference with the outcome when connecting. Essentially we gave up on getting their FXO port to talk and they paid extra to install the phone card and program one extension in the system. We then used a FXS port instead with default settings and created a route pattern for the specific extension. They have been using this without issue for almost 3 months now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: