Views
Helpful
Replies

API to check if numbers are in call are exist in CUCM

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi,

Is there any JTAPI API available to check if calling number & called number exists in CUCM without adding devices in CUCM Application User and also don't want to user super provider? We also don't want to use AXL API and CUCM DB query.

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

From JTAPI itself...no, not that I'm aware of.  You could possibly use AXL to do something like that, however it might get tricky if there are calling/called number translation patterns or other transformations that could change the run-time/perceived vs 'actual' (CUCM DB configuration level) DN.

I'm curious about the exact use-case/reason for this operation, if you can share...?

Thanks David for reply. Actually we have Agent Greeting application and one of feature we want to implement that if it's internal call then Greeting shouldn't be played.

We don't want to add non-agent extensions in our CUCM application use and also CUCM DB query using AXL. Just wanted to check if there is any method in JTAPI which can be useful.

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

Might try looking at CiscoAddress.INTERNAL vs. CiscoAddress.EXTERNAL.  I believe this value is informed by some basic commonsense situations (like SIP phones registered to the same CUCM), and can be configured by the admin for some devices where it can get ambiguous, e.g. a SIP trunk (which might be to an external ISP or to another CUCM/cluster on the same 'internal' system), via the 'Call Classicaction' OnNet/Offnet setting:

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 3.01.05 PM.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: