Views
Helpful
Replies

Cannot disconnect consult call via JTAPI

derrickgunter
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Cisco,

I've already opened case here https://mycase.cloudapps.cisco.com/693953508/summary, but they said I need to contact DevNet for this issue. Previously we purchased Developer support tickets via https://developer.cisco.com/site/support/ but this is no longer available. The problem details are as follows:

We are connecting to Call Manager via Cisco JTAPI and are running into a problem while attempting to disconnect a consult call that has failed.
The scenario involves a consult call made to a number that does not exist. JTAPI responds with CallCtlConnFailedEv as expected. Connection.disconnect() is then used to disconnect the consult call, which fails with "PlatformExceptionImpl caught: Could not meet post conditions of disconnect()".

The problem is reproducible. In order to narrow it down I have included 3 test scenarios, described below.

Call flow ONE:
- 4000 calls 4001 (GCID 34340).
- 4001 consults to non-existing 1234 (GCID 34341).
- CallCtlConnFailedEv as expected.
- Disconnect request is sent for 4001 GCID 34341 IMMEDIATELY.
- PROBLEM: PlatformExceptionImpl caught: Could not meet post conditions of disconnect()
- PROBLEM: Consult GCID 34341 is not disconnected until about 40s later. Seems like a defect.

Call flow TWO (identical to ONE except for timing):
- 4000 calls 4001 (GCID 34342).
- 4001 consults to non-existing 1234 (GCID 34343).
- Disconnect request is sent for 4001 GCID 34343 AFTER ABOUT 10s.
- WORKS: Consult GCID 34343 is disconnected immediately .

Call flow THREE (identical to ONE except in the opposite direction):
- 4001 calls 4000 (GCID 34346).
- 4000 consults to non-existing 1234 (GCID 34347).
- Disconnect request is sent for 4000 GCID 34347 IMMEDIATELY.
- WORKS: Consult GCID 34347 is disconnected immediately .

I've attached a zip of the JTAPI log as well as switch traces.

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

derrickgunter
Level 5
Level 5

Based on the above information the problem appears to be a problem somewhere in the Cisco JTAPI library. Would any Cisco JTAPI engineers be able to take a look at this issue? Thank you.

Hi Derrick,

I'll take a look at this issue while we workout the support process with our TAC. I'll let you know if we need any additional info. Thanks for your patience.

Regards,

David