Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM-Conferencing two outbound calls from same CTI port

Sukhadeo Prasad
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am dialing out two numbers from the same CTI port and then conferencing them using code shown below. Calls get conferenced. I have questions regarding the CTI port usage:

1. As both the calls get conferenced, does this mean the CTI port is free and can be used for dialing out other calls? Is there any way to free the CTI port and let both the calls continue.

2. There are only two parties in the conference. So when i disconnect one, the other should get disconnected automatically. Which is not happening. I have to disconnect both of them.

call1 = (CiscoCall) provider.createCall();

tc1 = call1.connect(arrCiscoMediaTerminals[0], arrCiscoMediaTerminals[0].getAddresses()[0], num1, CiscoCall.FEATUREPRIORITY_NORMAL);

call1.setConferenceController(tc1[0].getTerminalConnections()[0]);

call1.addObserver(this);

Thread.sleep(4000);

call2 = (CiscoCall) provider.createCall();

tc2 = call2.connect(arrCiscoMediaTerminals[0], arrCiscoMediaTerminals[0].getAddresses()[0], num2, CiscoCall.FEATUREPRIORITY_NORMAL);

call2.setConferenceController(tc2[0].getTerminalConnections()[0]);

call2.addObserver(this);

Thread.sleep(4000);

call2.conference(call1);

Regards,

Sukhadeo.

1 Reply 1

pmnkumar
Level 1
Level 1

When you conference 2 calls on the CTIPort, 3 parties are in conference one of which is CTIPort. After conference is complete you can disconnect CTIPort and let the other parties continue. There are service parameters on CUCM admin that disconnects the conference if conference controller drops off. Make sure those service parameter are not turned on.

You need 2 disconnects to clear the call: 1. After the conference is completed and again a disconnect after the 2 parties are done with the call.

I wouldn't rely on tc1[0], tc2[0] to get the correct connection. You could end up using the wrong terminal connection.