Views
Helpful
Replies

DVO

vvazquez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

one customer wants to develop one C2C application where, instead of placing the call between the dialed number and the Cisco IP Phone, they want to connect the dialed number with the end user GSM number. This is what DVO offers, and I see DVO as an option in TAPI API, experts, do you think this is possible?

Thanks,

Victor

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Victor,

The Dial via Office (DVO) feature allows users to initiate Cisco Jabber outgoing calls with their work number using the voice plan for the device.

Cisco Jabber supports Dial via Office-Reverse (DVO-R) calls. DVO-R works as follows:

1. User initiates a Dial via Office-Reverse call.
  2. The client notifies Cisco Unified Communications Manager to call the mobile phone number.
  3. Cisco Unified Communications Manager calls and connects to the mobile phone number.
  4. Cisco Unified Communications Manager calls and connects to the number that the user dialed.
  5. Cisco Unified Communications Manager connects the two segments.
  6. The user and the called party continue as with an ordinary call.

For more information please refer -  Configuring Dial Via Office - Reverse Callback

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Victor,

The Dial via Office (DVO) feature allows users to initiate Cisco Jabber outgoing calls with their work number using the voice plan for the device.

Cisco Jabber supports Dial via Office-Reverse (DVO-R) calls. DVO-R works as follows:

1. User initiates a Dial via Office-Reverse call.
  2. The client notifies Cisco Unified Communications Manager to call the mobile phone number.
  3. Cisco Unified Communications Manager calls and connects to the mobile phone number.
  4. Cisco Unified Communications Manager calls and connects to the number that the user dialed.
  5. Cisco Unified Communications Manager connects the two segments.
  6. The user and the called party continue as with an ordinary call.

For more information please refer -  Configuring Dial Via Office - Reverse Callback

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi All

Actualy i did not undersnat what dvo implemenation doing for example i have did number which is associated with my ip phone and mra device as 34455789 when i make a call from my mra and ip phone i can. able to show this number via outgoing calls but in dvo case what it gives to me additionaly and differentation can you please explain to me someone how dvo is working and what is different then normal outbound call  probably dvo are using office ip network for outbound calls so what is this advantage ?

thanks 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: