Views
Helpful
Replies

Ebmedded Jabber and finesse in CRM feasibility

Mortaza Rohani
Level 1
Level 1
Hello,

We have CRM full access in a custom finesse gadget but recently the CRM team made a suggestion to have a single panel on CRM side.  For this request on one hand we need to have Cisco Finesse features embedded in CRM which can be done using Finesse APIs and I have found the following example:
https://www.expertflow.com/ms-dynamics-crm-cti-connector/
And on the other hand, we also need to use the Jabber SDK to have the user's phone Embedded into CRM.

But the questions which raise:
1-Can Jabber be used as a Uccx Agent if implemented inside the Browser? The CCX Compatibility matrix only refers to the Jabber Desktop and there is no information about it.
2-How will be the Flow of the call when using Finesse as Embedded? Do Agents also need to continue to see Finesse's server directly or is the CRM server's connection to UCCX enough?
3-If there is no need to have direct port access to finesse, can the service be offered over MRA on the Internet?

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

A few thoughts:

- Jabber SDK is not a supported Finesse/UCCE agent device - this is usually a showstopper.  However, AFAIK it can function as a CTI-controlled SIP device in softphone mode, so it could work in theory.  Possibly agent login is filtered by supported devices in which case the agent would not be able to login, but not sure about that (might be worth a test...)  If not, perhaps you could experiment.

- It would be possible for a tier-3 server (I guess here the CRM) to proxy the Finesse API calls so that only that server communicates directly with Finesse

- Possible, I would suppose...the Jabber SDK can work via MRA and you would be proxying the Finesse APIs; however the final supportability of the solution by Cisco is a red flag IMHO