cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to get logged-in user name for Jabber for Widows client

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Is there any JTAPI API to get logged-in user name for Cisco Jabber for Windows devices?

For EM on SEP devices we know getEMLoginUsername but this doesn't work for CSF profiles i.e. Cisco Jabber for Windows client.

Thanks & Regards,

Umesh

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Umesh,

getEMLoginUserName() works only if there is a EM session on the phone. Either the phone or the device profile should be in application control list. On Jabber are you doing a EM login? I don't think it is possible.

The userid/password on Jabber UI are for connecting to different services (cucm, voicemail etc) and is not related to EM feature in CUCM.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Umesh

From the Features Supported by Cisco Unified JTAPI webpage we can see that the feature "Cisco Extend & Connect" works with "Jabber/CUCSF (Cisco Unified Client Services Framework)" device type in Extend mode and a new "CTI Remote Device" device type. I was not able get data  related to get logged-in user name for jabber.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

Umesh,

getEMLoginUserName() works only if there is a EM session on the phone. Either the phone or the device profile should be in application control list. On Jabber are you doing a EM login? I don't think it is possible.

The userid/password on Jabber UI are for connecting to different services (cucm, voicemail etc) and is not related to EM feature in CUCM.

Hi Mohan,

Yes, we r not doing EM login on Jabber device. Actually our application is to get the login/logout time for the EM users & Jabber users. Is there any way to get user who logged-in on Jabber device when JTAPI application gets Terminal In service event.

Regards,

Umesh

Umesh,

You can't do it through JTAPI API. You have use AXL API to get the configured user for the device.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: