Views
Helpful
Replies

HOWTO Enable Route Point to stream audio directly

davide.cocchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I found that is possible for a route point to answer call and stream audio directly, but I don't know how to enable it. I try to do the same things i already do for Route Ports, but when I try to answer the call, tapi returns LINEERR_OPERATIONUNAVAIL.

Anyone knows the right procedure? I can't find anything in tapi dev guide.

Thanks, D.

4 Replies 4

Geevarghese Cheria
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Davide,

Which Version of CUCM are you using. Is this the scenario what you are looking for -

The user calling to RoutePoint should hear music instead of a default ringback tone while the call remains on RoutePoint and the operator hasn't picked up yet.  Unified CM 9.0 will support native queuing.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

Hi Geevarghese,

I thought that CM let the application play music and announcements through Route Point, as an enhancement from previous versions.

Native queuing is supported only from version 9 and above? There is no way from the application level to choose which message the user will hear from a Route Point?

Thanks, D.

Hi Davide,

Yes Native queuing is suppoerted only from version 9.0. For releases prior to Cisco Unified Communications Manager 9.0, it was very common in a Unified CM deployment that a hunt pilot  had more calls distributed through the call distribution feature than its hunt members could handle at any given time. Native Queuing feature holds the calls in a queue until they are answered. When a hunt member  is available, the call is removed from the queue and offered to the hunt member.

Complete documentation for this feature is provided in the Cisco Unified JTAPI Developers Guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Geevarghese

davide.cocchi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

probably i do not explain well my problem. I'd like to perform media termination directly on route point, as written in documentation, but when I try to answer a call I receive the OPERATIONUNAVAIL error.

Which is the right way to perform media termination on a Route Point and stream audio directly (with no need to use route ports for queuing pourposes)?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: