JTAPI API for Silent and Whisper

liam123
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I have a question regarding JTAPI usage and the following are my scenarios:

Scenario 1:

1. Silent and Whisper functionalities are added on a gadget on Finesse desktop

2. Two (2) workstations are used each for Supervisor and Agent (total of 4) .

3. Supervisor - Workstation 1 (laptop) has local Jabber 12.8 but doing a remote desktop to Workstation 2 to access Finesse due to limited accessibility and network structure of the client.

4. Agent - Workstation 3 (laptop) has local Jabber 12.8 but doing a remote desktop to Workstation 4 to access Finesse due to limited accessibility and network structure of the client.

5. Supervisor and Agent are both using local Jabber on Workstation 1 and 3 and using laptop speakers.

6. Mobile phone over PSTN is used to call the Agent.

7. On Silent monitoring, Mobile phone is not hearing the supervisor (expected).

8. On Whisper, Mobile phone can hear the supervisor (expected is Mobile phone should not hear).

Scenario 2:

1. Silent and Whisper functionalities are added on a gadget on Finesse desktop

2. Two (2) workstations are used each for Supervisor and Agent (total of 4) .

3. Supervisor - Workstation 1 (laptop) has local Jabber 12.8 but doing a remote desktop to Workstation 2 to access Finesse due to limited accessibility and network structure of the client.

4. Agent - Workstation 3 (laptop) has local Jabber 12.8 but doing a remote desktop to Workstation 4 to access Finesse due to limited accessibility and network structure of the client.

5. Supervisor and Agent are both using local Jabber on Workstation 1 and 3. Supervisor is on headset and Agent's microphone are turned off.

6. Mobile phone over PSTN is used to call the Agent.

7. On Silent monitoring, Mobile phone is not hearing the supervisor (expected).

8. On Whisper, Mobile phone can hear the supervisor (expected is Mobile phone should not hear).

I am using CiscoTerminalConnection.updateMonitorType to do the Whisper and Finesse API to do the Silent Monitoring.

Question:

Anyone have done whisper using JTAPI and Jabber and the result is the phone calling the agent doesn't hear the one monitoring the call?

Thank you very much!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Actually Whisper & Barge are not supported in Jabber 12.9 also. Here is the Cisco doc-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_9/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-jabber-129/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-jabber-129_chapter_0100.html#reference_6593FBAC29C21F27B64439EFB7614297

I guess you are using UpdateMonitorType. Can you try with startMonitor API and pass the monitor type value as whisper.

Regards,

Umesh

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

upchaurasia
Spotlight
Spotlight

Actually Whisper & Barge are not supported in Jabber 12.9 also. Here is the Cisco doc-

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/jabber/12_9/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-jabber-129/cjab_b_feature-configuration-for-jabber-129_chapter_0100.html#reference_6593FBAC29C21F27B64439EFB7614297

I guess you are using UpdateMonitorType. Can you try with startMonitor API and pass the monitor type value as whisper.

Regards,

Umesh

Hi Umesh,

The startMonitor  method works for Jabber-Jabber and Jabber-Desk phone. We will be testing other scenarios like Desk phone - Jabber (incoming/outgoing).

By the way, any idea regarding the difference between startMonitor and updateMonitor on the code level? Not sure why effects are different.

Thank you very much!

Regards,

Liam

Nothing mine it's PARSEC expertise in Cisco APIs (CUCM/UCCX/UCCE/CVP/Finesse). We do lot of R&D related to Cisco APIs.

I am happy that solution worked for you.

Regards,

Umesh