cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI Test Tool not loading from command prompt.

When I try to load the JTAPI test tool, I get the following "17 more..." message at the bottom here. Anyone know how I can run the test tool? I have tried on my mac, on windows xp and below on ubuntu. I am using the following version of the jtapi test tool.

• 11 May 2014: Cisco JTAPI Test Tool for use with Cisco Unified Communications Manager 10.0(1)

When I try to double click the CiscoJTAPITEST.jar file in windows, nothing happens.

dustin@ubuntu:~/Desktop/jtapi-test-tool$ java -jar CiscoJTAPITest.jar

Exception JTAPIFrame.loadLoginInfo: java.io.FileNotFoundException: login.ini (No such file or directory)

Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/cisco/jtapi/extensions/CiscoJtapiVersion

at GUI.JTAPIFrame.initializeAboutFrame(JTAPIFrame.java:70)

at GUI.JTAPIFrame.<init>(JTAPIFrame.java:46)

at GUI.JTAPIFrame$12.run(JTAPIFrame.java:619)

at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(InvocationEvent.java:311)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(EventQueue.java:756)

at java.awt.EventQueue.access$500(EventQueue.java:97)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:709)

at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(EventQueue.java:703)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(ProtectionDomain.java:75)

at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(EventQueue.java:726)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(EventDispatchThread.java:201)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(EventDispatchThread.java:116)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(EventDispatchThread.java:105)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:101)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(EventDispatchThread.java:93)

at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(EventDispatchThread.java:82)

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.CiscoJtapiVersion

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:381)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:331)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)

... 17 more

I am running JRE 1.8.

dustin@ubuntu:~/Desktop/jtapi-test-tool$ java -version

java version "1.8.0_45"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

5 Replies 5

smupadhy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I see this in the exception :

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.CiscoJtapiVersion

What version of CUCM are you testing against? The 10.0 JTAPI Test tool should be compatible with CUCM 10.0 and above.

Thanks,

Hi Smita,

I am using CUCM 10.5 however this tool is not connected to cucm in any way. I am simply trying to run the tool for the first time before doing any connection to cucm. Is there something I should do to connect it to cucm before running it for the first time?

Thanks

Dustin

Dustin,

Can you retry with JRE 1.6 or 1.7?

Thanks guys. Figured it out. Wasn't the version of java. It was simply an issue with the unzip. Not sure why the files are zipped and then added to a winzip file. The file extraction caused all files to go into a single directory and I assume the tool requires they be split into particular directories. I downloaded a fresh copy, ran the unzip again using winrar instead of winzip and it worked.

Warper2011
Level 1
Level 1

Class com.cisco.jtapi.extensions.CiscoJtapiVersion is missing in class path. It's a part of jtapi.jar file. You should locate jtapi.jar and put it into  CLASSPATH either by environment variable or by command line option for java executable.

If you are missing jtapi.jar, you can download JTAPI package from your CUCM web interface and install it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: