cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

JTAPI Test Tool Phone Settings

jwilson
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to use the test tool to access the phones settings menu then use the /CGI/Screenshot url to see the phone.  I hit the "Settings" in the Extra Controls and when I refresh I don't see anything.   Is there a JTAPI Test Tool Specific Forum and doc space I an look at?  I am self teaching myself what this tool could do.  For now we just use it to make test calls from phones are not physically in front of.

3 Replies 3

dstaudt
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This is probably a good a place as any for JTAPI test tool questions...

Can you elaborate a bit more on your scenario?  I would imagine you could use JTAPI (and the test tool) to do Terminal.sendData() with an IP Phone Services XML command to affect a button press...is that what you're attempting?

Are you observing that using that mechanism to open the phone Settings menu, but when you do /CGI/Screenshot does not show the settings screen?

Hello. The test tool I am using was found here. https://developer.cisco.com/site/jtapi/downloads/ 10.0.1 for now. I started looking through documentation to see what that Terminal.sendData() with an IP Phone Services XML command is supposed to look like. But the easier Extra Controls option doesn't work. I refresh the http://x.x.x.x//CGI/Screenshot and I don't see the Settings like I would if I was in front of the phone. This JTAPI Test Tool is a developer tool I have read and results may very. I posted to here so see anyone else has come across a similar issue. Cisco TAC supports UnifedFX I believe but I was just trying the free Cisco JTAPI tool for now.

I guess 'Extra Controls option' was throwing me...I had no idea all that was in there :)

The scenario seems to be working for me using CUCM 11.5 and a 7975G running SIP75.9-4-2SR1-1S (see attached .mp4)

If you take a look at the top 'XML' tab, it will show you the actual XML request/response that was sent:

--- Sent at: 04:56:49:434 PM ---
<CiscoIPPhoneExecute><ExecuteItem Priority="0" URL="Key:Settings"/></CiscoIPPhoneExecute>
--- Returned at: 04:56:49:754 PM ---
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<CiscoIPPhoneResponse>
<ResponseItem URL="Key:Settings" Data="Success" Status="0" />
</CiscoIPPhoneResponse>