Views
Helpful
Replies

Listen to on-going calls from a web page

mencarnacion
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have implemented a CTI events' listener through JTAPI.
On a RTPInputStarted, RTPOutputStarted event for a specific terminal, I can get the ip addresses as to where the RTP streams are.
I was wondering if there was a way to actually listen to those streams directly from a web page.
I'm implementing this through java EE and the usage of applets is not something I would like to go into.
Is there any way for me to achieve this requirement?

I'm looking at WebRTC solution but I'm not  educated enough to just feed the ip address and port of where the RTP stream is to it.  

Please advise.    

2 Replies 2

mpotluri
Level 5
Level 5

You will know the IP address, port for both the streams in the call but you can't 'redirect' the streams to a third party location without using other features. Recording or monitoring features allow new streams to be created that are duplicates of the original streams. You can configure CUCM to stream them to a route pattern which is typically a DN on the phone or trunk.

Take a look at CUCM recording or monitoring feature description for more details.

ayush.shyam
Level 1
Level 1

You can not listen those encrypted RTP packets.

To achieve this functionality you need to implement the monitoring feature, but for this you need a phone and built in bridge should be "ON" on both phone.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: