I'm developing barge functionality using JTAPI, and have some questions about this:
1. According to the developer's guide, "This feature gets activated when an address TerminalConnection is in the passive state and CallCtlTerminalConnection is in the bridged state. This version of Cisco Unified JTAPI only supports feature activation manually on application-controlled terminals (IP phones). For this release, you cannot activate the feature through an API." Does this mean the barge functionality is currently NOT supported by the JTAPI and Cisco's extensions, right?
2. According to the document, there is "privacy feature" which provides the ability to enable or disable other shared addresses to barge into call.Can this feature also only be controlled by the IP phone? i.e. There is NO API to enable or disable this feature, right?
3. The barge feature is currently used as below, right?
A. Assume phone 1001 has two terminals, a and b, and phone 1002 has one terminal, c
B. 1002 calls 1001, both a and b ringing, then a takes the call, then b stops ringing.
C. Disable privacy feature on phone a via pressing "privacy" soft key.
D. On phone b, press "Barge" soft key to barge-in the call from phone a to phone c.
Can any one help on this?
Thanks very much!
1) There is no API support for barge feature. As mentioned if a user uses barge feature on the phone, the terminal connection state changes.
3) Yes. User can barge into the call only when privacy is disabled.