Views
Helpful
Replies

4K / 2K scaling of webex meeting client - CSCuz29619

sapan0007
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is cisco working on fixing this bug? The only work around it shows is to lower the resolution. Is there no other workaround for users with 4k laptops to properly see webex meeting options. Currently everything on webex meeting window appears very tiny. All other applications work fine.

25 Replies 25

As others have said I also have this problem and it will become more and more common as 4k laptops and displays become more common place.  Please fix this soon.

It looks like Cisco are completely ignoring this issue. Not a company or a product I would recommend to anyone.
I have a touch screen which I literally cannot use with Webex, as the text and icons are "pinhead size". The window needs a magnifying glass to read.
Many colleagues complain now "we cannot read the attendee list"
Time to ask my company to look for another product. This can't be that hard to fix.
I guess Cisco are treating Webex as a legacy product, which they may discontinue or replace at some point? It is obvious not a supported product anymore.

Fabrizio Pavone
Level 1
Level 1

Oh, well: we well need to downgrade company's hw to something MS DOS 3.2-compliant.

That will solve the problem I think.

This is not the type of reply you'd expect from a Cisco.

We will undergo an internal evaluation phase to decide whether Webex is still th right platform for our company.

mogulman1
Level 1
Level 1

This is still an issue.  A lot of people at my company are getting 4k displays.  We have to use our laptop display in order to use Webex, because webex scaling is broken with 4k displays.  Please fix.  I don't want to have to change the resolution or windows scaling on my display just to use Webex.

It's also a problem at my company.

We have 2019 now, 4k displays are nothing special anymore!

@cisco please fix this!

I do not even see a place to upvote it. Jumping on here as it is very annoying

Garrett@harq
Level 1
Level 1
I'm having a similar issue. When I initially share my screen it's fine, but eventually I encounter multiple participants telling me that their view becomes "small." If I stop sharing and then reshare it momentarily fixes the problem. Unfortunately, I keeps happening again and again. In this new normal we have to to A LOT of virtual collaboration and this is a consistent issue within the Webex experience.

Has there been any developments on fixes for this? I've been using Webex for years, but I cannot keep using this service if this problem persists unfortunately.

AndreaToni29298
Level 1
Level 1

i have 3 win 10 64 bit computers with 4k : one laptop 2 desktop and the Cisco Webex client in all three of them always crops and scramble my video view of  everybody . Cisco .. It is almost 2021 is it too much to ask for a working 4k client ?  

Add me as another person that would like to request this. I'd also like to share my screen in higher than 1080p resolution and not have it downscaled to 1080p. Ideally, you would support screen sharing up to at least 8k.

luke.maxwell
Level 1
Level 1

Me too, I have a 49" inch screen which while it shares is not great for others with smaller screens to see. I recently purchased a second screen 32" to use as a TV and when I want to share, but it's 4k and Webex still down support 4k. It works ish, but when I use the scroll mouse it breaks up the image. Come on Cisco. 

dpf234
Level 1
Level 1

Same issue here. Sharing anything from my 4K screen appears tiny and blurry at the other person's screen. It's becoming ridiculous!