Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies
Mountain Man
Beginner

5K 7.1.4.N1.1 copy running-config to ftp issue

Very strange thing happens after we upgrade the two 5K to 7.1.4.N1.1 from 7.1.1.N1.1.   The symptom is below:

copy running-config ftp://admin@10.2.2.2//tftpboot/conf/5k-1-config-11132018

Enter vrf (If no input, current vrf 'default' is considered):
Password:
***** Transfer of file Completed Successfully *****
Copy complete, now saving to disk (please wait)...

If I go to /tftpboot/conf folder on the FTP server which running vsftp demon I cannot find file, however, the file is copied to /home/admin directory names as:  host_name-running-config   ----- the host_name is the configured hostname on the 5K switch. 

On the FTP server, I can find the line: 

Tue Nov 13 15:03:51 2018 1 10.2.0.2 70784 /home/admin/host_name-running-config b _ i r admin ftp 0 * c

in /var/log/xferlog 

Opened case with Cisco and the TAC worked on this told me that this is FTP server issue. I am kind of agree but something I cannot explain:   first, I can save config from the Cisco devices on the same location and same subnet use the same command with no issues; second, I can save the config from other 5Ks in different location and different version of OS with no issues. In addition, just a comparison: from other working 5Ks. there is no:  "now saving to disk (please wait)..." after the line: "***** Transfer of file Completed Successfully *****  " and "Copy complete"

I have restarted the TFTP server once seems no help.  Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

May be wrong person in TAC, but most of them look deep dive logs and suggest best.

depends on TAC engineer your caught with.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
balaji.bandi
VIP Guru