cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bug Search API's??

chwoods
Level 1
Level 1

We are thinking of building bug search API's for select customers and partners. 

Would you be interested in bug search api's?

Want to provide me some feedback on this topic?

Thanks!

7 Replies 7

zach_dc
Level 1
Level 1

chwoods,

I was searching for a bug search API and found your post.  I see that it's a bit old, but I was hoping that this may have been implemented since you posted.  Is there anything like this available?

Thanks!

Hello zachseverson,

Foremost, thank you for the query.

Yes, we are working on Bug API (as part of Cisco Support APIs) and would love to discuss if you are interested.

Today 'Cisco Support APIs' portfolio offers following RESTful web services to SNTC Customers and PSS Partners.

1.EOX API – query only interface to end-of-life, end-of-service, end-of-support etc. information (Status: General Availability)
2.Case API – query only interface to TAC cases (Status: General Availability)
3.Service Order Return API – query only interface to RMA information (Status: General Availability)
4.SW Suggestion API- query only interface to get software suggestions (Status: Limited Availability)
5.Automated SW Distribution API 2.0 – lookup md5 checksum information (Status: Limited Availability)
6.SN2INFO API – query only interface to SN to PID and  coverage status (Status: Limited Availability)
7.Bug API - query only interface to bugs information (Status: Work-in-Progress)

If you need more information please email Keith Colberg: kcolberg@cisco.com

Regards,

-Alok

Hi Alok.

These look like very good initiatives.

Is there also an API that can determine if SW is end of support (ie SW is no longer maintained to address any security bugs identified)?

With that, it would be possible to identify all devices that are running SW that cannot be patched to a secure SW version.

Thank you in advance

Soren.

kcolberg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Soren,

Yes, the EOX API that Alok mentions above can be used to find end of life SW as well as HW. It requires the user to provide the SW PID or the release as input. 

Regards,

Keith

Keith,

Has anything come of the Bug API?

We are working on some initiatives that would be able to make great use of that data set if we could poll the API.

Please let us know.

Hello,

Are Cisco Support APIs going to be available for CSPC customers as well?

it seems there is no Bug API available yet.

As a workaround you can use a free Splunk App "Cisco Bug Search and Analytics" to retrieve list of bugs and perform an advanced search for bugs and vulnerabilities.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: