Views
Helpful
Replies

cant find ios version suggested to fix bug CSCut53599

mbabeyan1
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

I found this error "%PLATFORM_ENV-1-RPS_ACCESS: RPS is not responding" on c960x-48FPS-L stack switch.(ios version  15.0(2a)EX5)

as a result i found the bug CSCut53599.

one of the suggested solutions was to upgrage Ios version to 15.2(2)E3 or later.

i couldn't found the image 15.2(2)E3 and downloaded 15.2(3)E1 instead, which didn't solve the problem.

any idea how to find the suggested image or any other solution?

Thank you

9 Replies 9

Sho Hanaya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

15.2(2)E3 hasn't been released yet. CISCO or related vender are testing this version. it is going to be released officially by the end of this August.

Regards,

Hey Sho,

the image is finally released but the bug isn't resolved, depending on the released notes. any idea?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2960x/software/15-2_2_e/release_notes/OL-32568.html#pgfId-266847

Hello,

this bug fix was postponed and is going to be included as other versions.
the release schedule is as follows:

15.2(3)E3 : From the middle of Dec 2015 to the end of Jan 2016
15.2(2)E4 : around the Feb 2016
15.2(4)E  : middle of Oct

isn't there any other solution except the Ios upgrade?

Hi,

all I know is in this discussion, I have no information anymore.

I have reported the release schedule to my customer and decided to wait until that date because no actual harm is appeared.

Thank you,

Thank you for the info.

hi,

the link https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCut53599 ; states that the bug has been fixed and list of fixed IOS releases is provided ranging from 12.2(3)E3 to

15.2(4.0.45)E
15.2(4.0.64a)E
15.2(4.0.71)E
15.2(4.0.75a)E

the post on this discussion states that the bug is not fixed yet and that our customers must wait until January 2016 which is really not practical.

Q1) which page is more accurate? fixed or not fixed?

Q2) Our customers installed the switches on their production network, is his log error message only cosmetic? or does it geopoerdize the operation of the switches? please inform so that we adivse the customer what to do, thanks

Hi,

15.2(4.0.xxxx)E are used only in CISCO internally, so we can't acquire them.

A1)

CISCO has not officially announced the firmware versions we can obtain and the release schedule yet. Still, I've acquired the information about it from a distributor which my customer contract with.

A2)

At least in my customer's environment, it seems to be cosmetic.

The symptom is as follows:

* "RPS is not responding" is logged within 1 week at latest after start.
* The switch doesn't re-recognize the RPS automatically.
  "%PLATFORM_ENV-6-RPS_INFO: Redundant Power Supply inserted" is not appeared in log.
* If the switch lost internal power, RPS did work fine but the RPS status won't change from "not responding" to "active".

Thank you,

mbabeyan1
Level 1
Level 1