cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cisco router

asbenjamin21
Level 1
Level 1

Hello there, I configured interface IP and telnet to the new Cisco 4451 router. But later it could not boot. It says "Initializing Hardware".It couldn't pass this stage.is there any help? please replay ASAP. Thank you

13 Replies 13

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Turn off the router, by removing the power cord.

Connect the console cable - and turn ON the device and post the complete boot process to understand what is wrong.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

The boot process saying as below. It could not pass this stage. It stays for a long time and in the middle, it changes its sound and it initialize again.

The displayed console message is as below

Now The console displays as below

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Post the entire boot-up process.

The boot process saying as below. It could not pass this stage. It stays for a long time and, it changes its sound and it initializes again in the middle of the booting.

Deepak Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Trunk off the router, turn it again, and share Post the entire boot-up process.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

In the middle of the booting process, the sound is changed and it displays as below

Hi,

Download a new IOS file and boot the router from the USB or TFTP server. The IOS file seems not good, you can verify the checksum on the flash. 

The file system is not clean error shown so assuming that the router has been hard rebooted. We can ignore this error.

Regards,
Deepak Kumar,
Don't forget to vote and accept the solution if this comment will help you!

so,how can i get the image file

Router is running a rebuild 3.16.4b (January 2017 release date). I'd do the following:
1. Upgrade the ROMMON/bootstrap; and
2. Upgrade the firmware to something more recent.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: