cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cscan 4.10.5095.0 crashes

rdunnill
Level 1
Level 1

Two days ago, after several months of trouble-free operation, my AnyConnect installation refused to connect to the corporate VPN from my home network unless I first connected through a network other than my home network, such as Starbucks WiFi. After connecting through Starbucks, I could connect once and only once through my home network. If I disconnect, I cannot connect again through the home network unless I first connect through a different network.

The symptom is that the Mobility Client dialog hangs with a 'Please complete the authentication process in the AnyConnect Login Window." message.

It appears that the reason for the hang is that after the Single Sign-on authentication is entered, cscan.exe crashes with an access violation in libwalocal.dll.

Can anyone shed light on what might be the cause? 

Machine is a Dell Precision 7550 and OS is Windows 10 build 21H2 Build 19044.1645.

17 Replies 17

Hi mxl_vt,

Excellent news! I am sorry everyone for my delayed response. TAC has been slow I am still pending a WebEx. The last update I received was that a downgrade to 4.10.04071 was also documented. We are not able to downgrade as this version satisfied a different compatibility issue. Now that a later release is fixed I should be able to move on. I hadn't had a chance to check out 4.10.06081 so I appreciate your update greatly. Take care all and thanks again everyone for your input.

mxl_vt
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I just wanted to send an update on our recent experience with the latest HostScan 4.10.06083. Tests from a Windows 11 21H2 with AnyConnect 4.10.06079 worked without hanging. I also did not see any libwalocal.dll crashes in the Windows event logs. Additional regression tests will be performed when time permits, but so far so good.

Awesome mxl_vt!  That is great news! This issue is truly a pain because the majority of my users are not experiencing the problem. Its just a handful and there isn't really anything the same about any of them other than Windows (so far).