cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuf16941 - Request TMS support for Polycom Group Series 500

Yan Simkin
Level 1
Level 1

Actually, this is not a Cisco bug. Polycom are supporting it from their RPRM only, and in Dynamic mode only. 

3 Replies 3

pthompson
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco is calling it a Polycom issue but the Group Series supports standard SNMP like the old HDX which TMS still supports.  We monitor a large number of Polycom Group Series with a standard SNMP monitor and track status items such as h.323/SIP registration status, camera status,microphone status, and we pull CDRs, other config items, etc...  The TMS finds the Group Series via SNMP but then states incompatible.  I can also monitor the Group Series in RPRM without it being in dynamically provisioned mode.  I would like to see more on this and why exactly the TMS cannot manage the device.  Attached is a screenshot of the Group Series being discovered by TMS... then is says not found. 

I asked Cisco Support about that awhile ago, and the reply was "We do not support Polycom endpoints anymore.". This is by design.

Interesting... Yet I can monitor C-series, SX, MX, etc.. provide an address book and even provision them from the RPRM just fine.  There ya go.  Guess the days of full interop are over.