cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCus56296 - WSA terminates connection with client if it receives "304 NOT MODIFIED"

pjasa
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, looks like this bug is happening with the site fast.fonts.net which is used by CNN.com and others,  the result being that all users could not load CNN.com.    The page would just show blank (no 404 or other errors), and the load to blank was immediate (IOW: the browser didnt sit there spinning for minutes before failing, it was an immediate "load to a blank page and stop").

The funny thing is that the issue would  happen on IE and Firefox browsers but not Chrome browser, I am guessing because Chrome may be set to ask for fresh content and reject  HTTP-304s?    Anyhow, the main reason for posting is to ask if anyone has any idea when this will be patched?    Thanks.

1 Reply 1

bwilloby46
Level 1
Level 1

I have the same issue except mine would not load immediately to a blank screen.  The browser would sit and spin for as long as you let it.  Bypassed fast.fonts.net and CNN.com came right up.  Having the same issue on other sites as well not related to the above site.  Some sites load fine but when you click on a link on the site, white background and just sits and spins.  Absolutely no information in any logs.  This is annoying.  Works in in all other browsers and on mobile devices.  Issue is only related to IE that I can see.