cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuu02593 - Jabber 10.x getting Delay and slow response after Microsoft KB3038314

tcapasso
Level 1
Level 1

Is this something Cisco has to fix or Microsoft?  I cannot uninstall this patch across my environment and we are about to do a mass rollout of Jabber to replace our existing IM solution.  This will cause serious problems when the complaints about performance start coming in.

15 Replies 15

Scott Plank
Level 1
Level 1

Would really like to know this as well. Uninstalling the update fixed the issue for me - and in order to keep the update from installing, I have to hide it in Windows Update. Seeing that it's a cumulative security update for IE11 makes me nervous to NOT have it installed. Hopefully EMET will help mitigate not having this particular update installed.

I should update that uninstalling that KB fixed my issues as well, but because our security practice is to keep up to date with all Security and Critical patches, I have to keep this on the user systems. 

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

Several of my customers are affected by this too. Not just in Jabber 10.X either, but also in 9.7.X. It would be nice to know if we're going to get a fix. I can appreciate it's not a Cisco caused issue, but MS aren't going to be in any rush to fix it. Perhaps remove the reliance on IE out of Jabber, might be a good idea.

culittle
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

can be tracked via:

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCuu02593

1. Have there been other reported incidences of this affecting Jabber 9.7.x, or can Cisco enumerate in the bug ID if other versions are affected or not?

2. Will it also affect 11.x?  I would imagine it would.

This information is critical, as for Cloud customers, there is a requirement to migrate to Jabber 9.7.6 or higher to meet security requirements for escalation to WebEx meetings.

Thank you.

Response Signature

I installed Microsoft updates that got released yesterday (5/12/15) - and I'm getting the delay again in Jabber. I double-checked that KB3038314 is still a hidden update and did not reinstall itself. Looks like another MS update this week screws with Jabber, too. I'll do some checking and see if I can narrow it down.

Same here.  Uninstalling 3049563.

That was the first one I tried uninstalling as well - there were two updates that mentioned IE in them - the one you mention (KB3049563) and KB3061904. Since the first was a Cumulative update, and the latter was a IE 11 Flash Player update, the first one made the most sense.

Uninstalling KB3049563 seems to have removed the delay in Jabber with long chat histories once again. The list is growing and making me more nervous. The longer it gets, the less likely EMET will be able to mitigate not having these updates installed.

robray_sc
Level 4
Level 4

I wonder if you uncheck this box if it will help the problem: Presence Server --> Messaging --> Settings --> uncheck "Allow clients to log instant message history"

Allow clients to log instant message history (on supported clients only)

Default Setting: On

Check this checkbox if you want to allow users of Cisco-supported client applications to log IM history on their computer. Uncheck this checkbox if you want to prevent clients from logging instant message history locally to their machine.

Troubleshooting Tips

Client-side support is required to enforce the prevention of IM logging. The client application must enforce this setting.

tcapasso
Level 1
Level 1

KB3049563 superceeded KB3038314.  Before it was just IE 11 systems that were really affected but the new update is affecting my system with IE10 installed.

Delete the contents of this to restore performance temporarily: C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History

paeustac
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi folks

An update on this issue -  Jabber for Windows 10.6.4 is now available on CCO with a Jabber fix for this issue. We have also identified the route Microsoft cause, and have instructed Microsoft to fix. The fix from Microsoft is currently scheduled to be delivered as part of the upcoming cumulative update for Internet Explorer on 9th June.

This should mean that the issue will no longer be seen in 9.7.x, 10.5.x and 10.6.x builds provided this update from MS is applied.

Many thanks

Patrick

Excellent news - thanks for the update, Patrick.

Is the updated version available for download anywhere?  Since we subscribe to Jabber via a reseller, our Cisco account apparently no longer qualifies for service and thus, we cannot download the updated version.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: