cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuu02593 - Jabber 10.x getting Delay and slow response after Microsoft KB3038314

Chris Oliver
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Version 9.7.4 Build 18974 on our machines, and are getting lagginess as well.

Removed the KB3038314 and rebooted my system and the delay has been fixed.

Looks like the MS bug isn't just for Jabber 10.x

3 Replies 3

Scott Plank
Level 1
Level 1

It would be good to know if there's a way to fix this without having to remove the update. Is this an issue that Cisco can correct in an updated Jabber client? I have my doubts that Microsoft would be too interested in fixing KB3038314.

Scott Plank
Level 1
Level 1

KB3049563 released by Microsoft yesterday (5/12/15) appears to cause the same issue. The delay returned after I installed updates this morning - uninstalling that particular update fixed the delay once again.

paeustac
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi folks

An update on this issue -  Jabber for Windows 10.6.4 is now available on CCO with a Jabber fix for this issue. We have also identified the route Microsoft cause, and have instructed Microsoft to fix. The fix from Microsoft is currently scheduled to be delivered as part of the upcoming cumulative update for Internet Explorer on 9th June.

This should mean that the issue will no longer be seen in 9.7.x, 10.5.x and 10.6.x builds provided this update is applied.

Many thanks

Patrick