cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuu02593 - Jabber 10.x getting Delay and slow response after Microsoft KB3038314 - 4

I have already removed KB3038314 but i am still getting lag in Jabber is there any other solution available?

6 Replies 6

hhbalfour
Level 1
Level 1

It appears KB3049563 released on May 12 is causing the same issues with Jabber.

MS15-043: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: May 12, 2015 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3049563

10.6(4) was just released and the release notes indicate CSCuu02593 is resolved in this release.

KB3058515 has the similar affect since this is the predecessor to the previous KB's.  Bummer, J4W 11 was released a few days ago and according to bug search, J4W 11 is affected.  It's a shame that 10.6.4 fix the issue, but the latter release doesn't have the fix applied to it.

Dan.Stout
Level 1
Level 1

As the workaround is to delete the history file, a simple script can be provided to users to resolve on an as-needed basis, until a software resolution is provided:

@echo off
taskkill /F /IM CiscoJabber.exe
timeout /t 1
del /f /s /q "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Cisco\Unified Communications\Jabber\CSF\History\"
start "" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber\CiscoJabber.exe"

rgnelson
Level 1
Level 1

Running jabber 9.7.4 client (know affected). Deleting the history file only works for a short time. I wacked my file on 5/15, and its already slower than when I started. I've not uninstalled the update yet, I was just hoping for another solution. 

paeustac
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi folks

An update on this issue -  Jabber for Windows 10.6.4 is now available on CCO with a Jabber fix for this issue. We have also identified the route Microsoft cause, and have instructed Microsoft to fix. The fix from Microsoft is currently scheduled to be delivered as part of the upcoming cumulative update for Internet Explorer on 9th June.

This should mean that the issue will no longer be seen in 10.5.x and 10.6.x builds provided this update is applied.

Many thanks

Patrick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: