Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuw31908 - Jabber platform limitation with Unity dispatch messages

I can not believe that Cisco has classified this as a "cosmetic" concern. When a user access VM thru Jabber, there is no indication that the VM message is a Dispatch message. It creates confusion when the user tries to delete it. It will not delete, and worse, it gives no reason why. The message must be accessed using the phone to accept it. Why can't there at least be an announcement "Marked for dispatch" like when the user is listening to messages on the phone. Come on, these are both Cisco products. Why can't they play nicely together?

5 Replies 5

sbrown0011111
Level 1
Level 1

We want to deploy dispatch messaging. But this is one of our concerns.

What if people just listen to the message via Jabber, and multiple people are returning the call? At least let the user know it is a dispatch message, perhaps a color or visual flag in the UI, a way to action the message via Jabber, or like you said... an audio prompt. Just something.

Exactly my feeling. The fact that Cisco has labeled the issue as "cosmetic" and closed the case tells me that they don't want to assist.

chkornutiak
Level 1
Level 1
We are replacing a Vertical VoIP solution with CUCM now and this is one of the features that the customer relies on in the 'old' system. It's pretty bad that it took until 11.5 to get multiple line support with Jabber. Now we have to try to work around this. No indicator that it is a dispatch message; the user can't manipulate the VM in anyway and has to call in to work with it. Cisco, this is NOT COSMETIC!!! It's a pretty basic feature that is found in other systems.

sbrown0011111
Level 1
Level 1

We actually just tried submitting it as a bug last week. But got told to submit it as a product enhancement request to our account manager. (still waiting to hear back)

I would suggest everyone else do the same. Maybe if enough of us submit a product enhancement request, it will get fixed.

I also have just bumped into this one and it's really annoying. Our environment's 80% Jabber