cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCux48283 - MSE MR3 - Not able to add secondary MSE through PI - 1

Enkhbayar Bold
Level 1
Level 1

My firewall is allowing TCP 9006 connection and no blockings on firewall. But still not working

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lkhraisa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Enkhbayar,

What is you MSE and Prime software version ? and what is the error you are getting when you are adding the secondary MSE to prime ?

if you have verified that the port 9006 is allowed on prime ,check that the prime communication password for the secondary is correct.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

lkhraisa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Enkhbayar,

What is you MSE and Prime software version ? and what is the error you are getting when you are adding the secondary MSE to prime ?

if you have verified that the port 9006 is allowed on prime ,check that the prime communication password for the secondary is correct.

Hi All,

Even i have the same problem "Unable to add secondary MSE on Prime Infrastructure". Getting below error

Error: unknown exception occurred. If the problem persists please send logs to the tech support

Cisco prime running on version :CPI 3.2

MSE on a Virtual Machine running on version: MSE 8.0.150.0

Tried the below workaround but no luck

-- Restarted the PI and MSE to check if that works

-- Re-added the MSE on PI with removing the special character and using simple password while adding the MSE.

-- Binish

Here the secondary is actually up because i am able to login to Secondary MSE via CLI

When tried adding secondary MSE multiple times got couple other error message as below

"No response from Server.It may be unreachable, orserver is down or HTTPS connection to server failed"

"Unable to retrieve updated status/configuration from both Primary and secondary servers. Both servers seem to be down"

-- Binish

Same issue here .. got any work around ?

Hi Sibin,

Are both the MSE are in the same Data center/ Same subnet?

Regards

Binish

Yes both MSE and the Prime are in same subnet. Also there is no firewall between MSE and Prime. 

Prime version : 3.1.7

MSE 3355 version: 8.0.140.9

MSE was previosly in 7.4.100 version and adding HA was possible. But heartbeat and replication was showing down. So I upgraded to recommended version by breaking the HA.

Hi Sibin,

What is the error message you are seeing while adding secondary MSE.

please attach the Screenshot

Binsih

I had same issue. I reconfigured Prime communication passwords on both MSEs and it was worked fine again.

During the reconfiguring password enter same password with initial setup.

I set the Prime communication passwords again and it was worked fine. 

I changed Prime communication password in primary and now its allowing to add secondary. But now getting " Failed to retrieve secondary base config. Reason: Could not send Message." error . Will try changing prime communication password in HA also.

Looks like the secondary base config is lost.(Cross verify config on secondary by consoling into the Box)

Can you share the output of 

# gethainfo

# getserverinfo

-- Binish