Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCux86484 - TMS 15 and 14 installer unable to detect .NET 4.5 - 1

Josef Hutter
Level 1
Level 1

HI,

what i see in the bug is that he should be fixed , but i have still the problem when i try to upgrade TMS 15.3 to TMS 15.5 or 15.6 

Any Idea

Br Josef

10 Replies 10

SANAM MEHTA
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Josef,

I had the exact same problem trying to install TMS v15.5 on a Windows 2012 R2 with no service pack, for one of the clients. The solution that i found for this was to uninstall a Microsoft patch "KB3102467".

Once the patch is uninstalled, the installation could proceed without any issues. Also, once the installation is complete and the TMS is up and running, this patch can be installed or be scheduled for update and it would not affect your TMS in production.

Let me know how it goes. 

Thanks

SANAM

With TMS 15.6, you are required to have .NET 4.6, but if you have .NET 4.7 installed, you will get an error that .NET 4.5 is not installed. You need to remove 4.7 if you get this error when installing TMS 15.6.x. 

It is is mentioned in the release notes and the install guide. 

Has anyone successfully removed 4.7 and installed TMS 15.6? I can't get the message for 4.5 .net isn't installed" to go away. Any way to bypass this? 

Have you checked this forum - https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windows/en-US/02495b85-202c-4746-9a6d-39912c29e59d/can-not-uninstall-net-framework-47?forum=w8itproappcompat 

When .NET 4.7 is installed you will get an error that 4.5 is not detected. Once you remove 4.7, that error will go away. There is no way to bypass it. 

Thanks for the reply @darmckin,
Yes I did come across that article but I cannot remove 4.7 from the server and it doesn't show up in "Roles" under the "turn window features on and off".

Yes unfortunately I have removed it and still throws this error. 

Having the same problem right now as Greg. The uninstall of KB3186539 is still throwing errors. 

@Matthew S
Do you happen to have kb4033369 installed? This was a secondary 4.7 .net framework update that I missed. The way I found it was unfortunately going through my installed updates one-by-one. Hope this helps!

With me, removing exactly this KB 40333069 did the trick.
Windows Update tells it is the latest .net patch released on the january 9th 2018.
in DWORD in the registry i get revision 461310 for it.

there is a good article in german language:

https://www.heise.de/developer/artikel/NET-4-7-1-erkennen-3879533.html

i did not yet reinstall this patch after the successful installation of TMS 15.6.1 now,

but i have verified some older installations which meanwhile have this installed, and they are still alive.

thanks, hans

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: