cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCuy01698 - VPN BSOD on Wndows 8.1 and Windows 10

cgfejansen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, it states that version 4.2.02075 will resolve this issue, however with Windows 10 (Version 10.0.14393) and CIsco AnyConnect VPN Client (Version 4.2.02075). I am still facing BSOD's. (DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL) whilst getting the machine out of standby, or disconnecting and re-connecting the VPN connection.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lbajsaro
Level 1
Level 1

Same version. Unexpected BSOD during work. Not only when disconnecting or reconnecting. Just during work.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

lbajsaro
Level 1
Level 1

Same version. Unexpected BSOD during work. Not only when disconnecting or reconnecting. Just during work.

Same situation.

I disabled connected standby (Windows 10), and that worked for me on two different laptops that had the same issue.

And how, pray tell, did you disable connected standby in Windows 10?

1. Run Registry Editor (regedit).
  2. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power

3. Change the value for CsEnabled from 1 to 0.

I see there's a solution on here.... but where is it?

cmellenkruger
Level 1
Level 1

Same BSOD, STOP CODE:  DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL  version 4.2.01035  happens for no apparent reason, can be during VPN login or after working remotely for an hour.  Sometimes every 20 minutes or so.  

UPDATE!!!! FIX CAN BE FOUND AT:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852

Select the one that says disable IPv6 and run/open.  

I did this over a week ago and have had no problems since!

nidus1234
Level 1
Level 1

Same version, same problem for me too

shops
Level 1
Level 1

Same for me. Windows 10 64bit.

bob
Level 1
Level 1

As of this morning 8/11/2017 Cisco is auto-updating to 4.2.01035 after I'd purposely gone back to 3.x to avoid this.

If I uninstall and reinstall the older bug free version, it still auto updates me to this blue screen of death version.

I am going to try the 2 suggestions here and let you know. It's pretty consistent for me in happening. It was a nightmare figuring out what was causing it a few years ago, now argh again.

One suggestion is to disable connected standby. This page tells you what connected standby is used for and how to disconnect it.

http://windowsitpro.com/windows-client/disabling-windows-connected-standby

So if this does work to fix cisco's bug, I have to run crippled on other things. Great.

The other suggestion is:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/how-to-disable-ipv6-or-its-components-in-windows

And on this page it says:

We do not recommend that you disable IPv6 or its components. If you do, some Windows components may not function.

Great.

So both suggestions are not recommended. And now a few years later, and Cisco still has no fix for this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: