Helpful
Replies

CSCva12833 - CUACA 11.0(1) - UCM 11.5 - Workaround doesnt work

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

I've got this bug...

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva12833/?referring_site=bugquickviewclick

I've performed the workaround step-by-step and still can't get the services to come up.

Is there anything else we should be doing, or can do to try to get these services to start?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I never got a reply on this one on this board, but I thought I'd update here for any other hapless engineer such as myself.

After a bit of prodding it turns out that this bug causes the "Repository" folder to be removed in the CTI server folder. If you follow the workaround, before you uninstall the new TAPI version, check the CTI folder in program files. You'll see a DriverInstance folder and a Repository folder. Then if you do the installation of the new TAPI as per the instructions, check the CTI server folder afterwards and it will only have DriverInstance and no repository. 

Anyway, TAC provided me with the contents of this folder. You put those files in the CTI Server folder restart and it should work. For me I had to reinstall the TSP also.

Good luck!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

Does anybody actually check this forum? I'm going to be logging a call with TAC, but this method might be helpful for people in future.

I did a reinstall of CUACA 11.0(1), and interestingly the services all started fine with the default TSP from UCM. However CTI ports would not register. So I then followed the procedure to the letter again and the services no longer start in CUACA, giving the default limited web-page.

I never got a reply on this one on this board, but I thought I'd update here for any other hapless engineer such as myself.

After a bit of prodding it turns out that this bug causes the "Repository" folder to be removed in the CTI server folder. If you follow the workaround, before you uninstall the new TAPI version, check the CTI folder in program files. You'll see a DriverInstance folder and a Repository folder. Then if you do the installation of the new TAPI as per the instructions, check the CTI server folder afterwards and it will only have DriverInstance and no repository. 

Anyway, TAC provided me with the contents of this folder. You put those files in the CTI Server folder restart and it should work. For me I had to reinstall the TSP also.

Good luck!

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the great follow up on this thread my friend! It's this type of kind gesture that will always help others going forward.

Cheers!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: