cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCve12817 - percentSNMP-SW1-3-RESPONSE_DELAYED processing GetNext of ciscoFlashFileEntry

noc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello good day,

A query please, according to this Bug% SNMP-SW1-3-RESPONSE_DELAYED: processing GetNext of ciscoFlashFileEntry, from what I understand it means that some object can exceed the threshold limit that by default is (2000ms), and it is informed to the user that the response is delayed, and that it has no impact on the network.

The question is: how can I modify SNMP parameters on the equipment so that the log disappears from the equipment?

greetings and thanks

2 Replies 2

Preston Chilcote
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is a command to increase the timeout.

snmp monitor response [msec]

Depending on how long this OID is being delayed in your setup, you may see issues with your NMS station.  For example, if the ciscoFlashFileEntry OID takes more than say 30 seconds, then subsequent OIDs could be dropped or, in some cases, the NMS server, getting no response, will just timeout completely and declare the device "dead". So it may not be as cosmetic as you think. I imagine the NMS timeout is on the order of 30 seconds though, not just 2.

hemmerling
Level 1
Level 1

Setup a log discriminator to hide it.

Something like:

logging discriminator SYSLOG-HIDER facility drops (SNMP-3-RESPONSE_DELAYED) mnemonics drops (SNMP-3-RESPONSE_DELAYED) msg-body drops (processing GetNext of ciscoFlashFileEntry)
logging host 192.168.0.123 discriminator SYSLOG-HIDER

One of the facility or mnemonics is right, one is wrong, it shouldn't cause it not to work.