cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CSCve39086 - Issues with copy and paste from Jabber

bartmannb
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone confirmed that this bug is actually resolved.  I'm having copy/paste issues still within jabber just as described in the bug.  I have tried Jabber for windows 11.8.5 and Jabber 11.9.  I have also tried installing them on windows 7 and 10 with the same result.  Copy/Paste does not work within jabber.

6 Replies 6

bartmannb
Level 1
Level 1
Just to clarify, I can copy things from other applications INTO jabber and I can copy things from Jabber into other programs, but I cannot copy something in jabber and paste it into another jabber conversation/window

tschafferx
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

just to chime in on the issue. We still have issues that prevent us from copying and pasting text from Jabber speech bubbles into other applications or conversations.

We need some more intel on that topic.

I'm also having issues with Jabber and copy/paste - 11.8.4

It's affecting multiple users at my company

One workaround is using ctrl+c rather than right click+copy

I do have an update on this. We had a TAC-Case with Cisco about that topic and they told us that it's going to be fixed in their next release which I think was meant to be coming out by the end of this month beginning of December.

Don't be confused by the status which says fixed.

I am also providing the Defect Link here: https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg10878

Please don't forget to rate helpful answers.

Here's a fix/workaround that TAC just provided me:

-Go to Internet Options > Security > Local Intranet , click on the "sites" button:

-Then Click the Advance button:

-Add the "about:blank" to site.

-Close all your Internet Explorer process and restart Jabber

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: